Are you an experienced Estimator, or someone from a Surveying background looking for a new challenge? This is an exciting role that comes with the responsibility for producing estimates in refurbishment and new build projects up to the value of £3M.
Due to company growth, John Perkins Construction has an opportunity for the right candidate to join as an Estimator. Working directly under the guidance of the Managing Director, you will carry out estimations and procurement management duties and provide effective financial/contractual control on construction and property development projects.
We are a Bristol based construction company which undertakes projects ranging in value between 300K to 3M in both refurbishment and new build works.
- We work in many different sectors; education, leisure, commercial and large scale domestic. - Our client base includes, University of Bristol, UWE, North Somerset Council, SS Great Britain, Willmott Dixon and Kier along with many others.
- We prioritise partnering/collaborative working, many of our clients share and enjoy this way of working.
- Our current turnover is approximately 9 million.
- We pride ourselves by working in a professional manner in order to create and develop long term relationship with both our clients and supply chains.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- HNC or RICS accredited degree in Estimating
- At least 2 years' experience in the Construction Field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
- Total IT literacy with good Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
- Familiar with estimating systems but more importantly competence using Conquest
- Client facing
- A comprehensive understanding of the construction industry with specific focus on refurbishment and commercial high-end projects.
As well as all the above attributes, you should be highly organised, have the ability to work under pressure and be a highly motivated and driven individual.
Although this is a role that would suit an experienced Estimator, we are prepared to consider candidates who are part-qualified, at the beginning of their careers, or interested in taking on both Estimating and Surveying responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the production of baseline estimates and also the procurement process in assessing tender returns.
- Assess the impact of scope change during the delivery/construction phase.
- Develop processes for estimates of differing accuracies using estimating systems.
- Capable of undertaking reviews of costs and estimates to develop an effective cost benchmark process and database.
- Develop best practices for performing complex estimates and develop the supporting cost management process and procedures.
- Develop and implement BIM process for estimating and cost management.
- Attend client meetings.
What we offer
A competitive salary dependent on skills and experience.
Company Car Allowance Scheme
Company Health Insurance and Pension Benefits, after 1 year of service.
A good working environment with free parking
The opportunity to work as part of a friendly and hardworking team
The opportunity to develop and progress within dynamic and forward looking company.
Contact Folami Prehaye, HR/Office & HSQE Manager on 01179653970 or email: email@example.com. Preference for sending information is by email but as not to discriminate we will also send by post. CV's alone will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 22 September 2017