25th August 2021 | Blog Posts
Marketing Manager Nicola Martin gives her answers to the #teabreak10.
1. What was your first job?
Sales assistant in H Samuel.
2. What’s your pet peeve (thing that annoys you)?
I’ve never not been annoyed by a double negative. Grammar mistakes, in general!
3. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
She does a lot of this funny thing called walking. Eats a lot of those weird things, vegetables. Spends a lot of time on social media, but allegedly it’s work.
4. Have you ever met anyone famous?
I’ve been to an afterparty in Hollywood with the band Fall Out Boy, and I’ve met a few authors, like Philip Pullman and Douglas Coupland. (I know, define “famous”.)
5. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
In difficult situations, act cheerful and stupid. If you’re ever dealing with someone passive-aggressive (or aggressive-aggressive), it really works to stay terribly upbeat and pretend you don’t understand their digs at you.
6. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
San Francisco, California.
7. What’s your usual order at the pub?
8. What’s the best project you’ve worked on at John Perkins Construction?
I only played a very small role, but it was a pleasure interacting with everyone at The Corsham School.
9. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
Teleportation. Travel, without the Covid risks!
10. What’s one item still left on your bucket list?
I’d like to go ice skating on a frozen lake somewhere beautiful.