7th January 2020 | Blog Posts
Managing Director Rob Yeandle gives his answers to the #teabreak10.
1. What was your first job?
A trainee Estimator / Surveyor for John Perkins & Son Ltd.
2. What’s your pet peeve (thing that annoys you)?
People being very selective when replying to an email by only responding to certain points raised in that email and ignoring others.
3. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
Fair, honest, straightforward to deal with and, (very occasionally,) funny.
4. Have you ever met anyone famous?
The late great NZ rugby player, Jonah Lomu.
5. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Never be afraid to ask a question if there is something that you do not understand.
6. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
The most amazing country that I have visited has to be India and the Taj Mahal at Agra would be the most stunning and beautiful place.
7. What’s your usual order at the pub?
A cold pint of Peroni.
8. What’s the best project you’ve worked on at John Perkins Construction?
A conversion of the old Bridewell Police Station into a 100 bed hostel for the YMCA Bristol – a stylish yet sympathetic conversion of a listed building for a brilliant client and charity who do so much fantastic work for the community.
9. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
To be able to look into the future (but not too far) so that I could be ahead of the game.
10. What’s one item still left on your bucket list?
Top of the list would be a six week tour of NZ, combined with the next rugby lions tour. Heaven.