27th May 2021 | Blog Posts
Quantity Surveyor Sam Bendall-Weeks gives his answers to the #teabreak10.
1. What was your first job?
It was in a small paper merchants, nothing too wild.
2. What’s your pet peeve (thing that annoys you)?
People that talk with a mouth full of food. And loud eating in general, really. There’s no need for it.
3. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: “you’re not fooling anyone”, they know I’m rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That’s the way. Not orthodox. I don’t live by “the rules” you know.
4. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Milligan, Cleaves, Everett… Sessions.
5. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“You just have to accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.”
6. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
Glastonbury Festival. Best place on earth, it’s not up for debate. Next.
7. What’s your usual order at the pub?
Lager, sometimes cider.
8. What’s the best project you’ve worked on at John Perkins Construction?
My most rewarding project here has to be the Corsham School project. Working with a client’s budget constraints, and being able to design and build much needed teaching and social spaces for the students was a great feeling.
9. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
I’ve always wondered whether will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark. So I’d probably say super speed. Land, air or sea… not fussy.
10. What’s one item still left on your bucket list?
To start a bucket list.